Background & Context
The Great Online Shopping Festival was launched in the Year 2014 by Google. Back then it was touted to be the first great launch of its kind on a 14-day campaign. Google came out with a very innovative campaign that calls for a change in communication once every day for 14 consecutive days.
Scope of work:
- India-wide campaign spreading across 20+ major cities in India
- Creative adaptations for 100 (approx) display hoardings
- Printing in white background
- Creatives to be changed every day for a period 14 consecutive days
- Activity to happen during the festival season
- This was a new kind of assignment for Macromedia Digital – the whole concept of changing communication everyday
- Logistics turned out to be the most critical of the lot and hence, everything revolved around execution
- The original creative was sent to Macromedia Digital corporate office which was then distributed to all the 8 printing units of Macromedia Digital across India. Creative adaptations were to be done locally across all our 8 units
- Google, being a quality conscious brand, had quite a few stringent checks which were passed by Macromedia Digital
- One of the most difficult task was to understand which creatives were for which day and printing them as per schedule and dispatch. Operations had to be perfectly executed to ensure next days creative was not hosted today
Even though, this was a very challenging job in terms of the logistics and deadlines, the team of Macromedia Digital leaved no stone unturned to ensure that the right artworks were installed on-time at the right location, on all the 14 days across all the 20+ cities.